Friday, September 11, 2009

Miscellany

First, I want to thank Dr. Thursday for helping out here, and for starting on What's Wrong, which I anticipate to be a great discussion starter.

This is always a tough time of year: school starts, and I homeschool; the art fairs continue on till October (and even November this year) and I am the artist assistant and general all-around framer for a very busy artist, plus this year I'm learning podcasting from scratch (golly, there's a lot to it), trying to keep up on the home, van (130,000 miles and still going...erm, not-so-strong!), family events, etc.

Funny story:

We're reading Romeo and Juliet out loud, my ninth grader and I, and we just finish the balcony scene where they've pledged their undying love for each other and the nurse calls for Juliet, so we stop reading. My daughter puts the book down and just says, "Kids!" A moment passes, and we both burst out laughing. It was just so spot on, good comedic timing, and an apt summary of what had just taken place. And she's 14 who made this assessment. When I was 14, all I could see was the romance.

So, the big news is, our first podcast is up on iTunes, thanks to YOU wonderful supporters here. Thank you so much. I have to say, I still have much to learn, but podcasting is really fun. I'm having a good time when my computer isn't crashing. To hear the first episode (only 8 1/2 minutes long) check it out here.

Have a wonderful weekend! (I'll be at an art fair.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join our FaceBook fan page today!