Friday, July 11, 2008

20somethings: What is Manhood?


Joey G. reviews a fairly new book, called Gut Check by Tarek Saab.
I hadn't heard of him, but apparently he was a contestant on the reality TV show The Apprentice, with Donald Trump. He's using the fame that it generated to speak out about how he's flourished as a Catholic man in Corporate America. The book is loaded with Distributist type wisdom, and no less than half a dozen quotes from GKC.

I've posted a full review over at my new blog. JoeyG
Thanks, Joey.

1 comment:

  1. I've been corrected at my blog by Geir Hasnes as to the source of the quotation with which I chose to open my review. Mea culpa!

    Incidentally, the other Chesterton quotes in the book were ones I recognized in reading, so the safety of those attributions is more dependable. It just happens ironically that the one quote I didn't recognize (and thus which struck me as most novel) and with which I chose to open my review is apparently a mis-attribution!

    Oh, well. Anything worth doing is worth doing badly, right?

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!