Friday, February 15, 2008

Chris Discovers Chesterton

"My parents bought me Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton for Christmas. I was a few weeks before I was able to get to it, but once I read the first few pages I couldn’t put it down. I finished it just a few days later wondering how I could have never read anything by Chesterton before. He has a very unique style, very funny, with deep insights into human nature and society. He uses metaphor extremely effectively, and quite frequently to humorous effect throughout his works. His works have had an influence on other writers I love, including J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Orthodoxy was written in 1908, 100 years ago now. And yet amazingly it’s still relevant today."

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Do you know of any systematic theologians or philosophers who have done in depth explorations of Orthodoxy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but maybe people I know know of people like that...so I'll ask.

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!