Friday, June 01, 2007

Chesterton: Lewis to the Zillionth Power

"There's a lot of Eastern stuff that gets taught to you as an actor, relaxation techniques and so on. I began reading about Buddhism, and it was great, but when I picked up Christian writers, I found that they take it to another level. I always felt that Eastern spirituality goes in a circle, whereas Christianity breaks through it -- like a Cross, infinity in both directions."

Concretely, Dobbins said the books of C.S. Lewis were his point of departure, but what sealed the deal was reading Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton -- whose work Dobbins described as "Lewis to the zillionth power."

1 comment:

  1. I'd be far more likely to say Lewis was a horribly watered down Chesterton wannabe. Never understood why people like the man.

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!