Monday, October 16, 2006

Did you see that picture?


In the latest Gilbert magazine, the conference issue, there was a neat double picture, one of the first Chesterton conference, with as many people identified as possible, and the second one had a picture of the 25th conference, with an auditorium full of people.

Well, two of the people pictured in the original picture are parents of a friend of mine. When I first met her, she was a homeschooling mother of five, and somehow, we got onto the topic of Chesterton (I don't know how these things happen) and found out we had this mutual interest. She is a PhD Philosopher. Anyway, turns out her dad was a philosopher at Marquette U., my alma mater, and then it turned out he was involved in the Midwest Chesterton group. I didn't realize her mother was involved till I saw the picture with captions.

2 comments:

  1. I am a graduate of Marquette U and I took Mark Griesbach's graduate course in "Epistomology." (I even passed it, as I recall.) Later, of course, I was able to renew my acquaintance with this gentleman and meet his wife at the Milwaukee Chesterton conferences, where he was sometimes a featured speaker. Wonderful people.
    ~ John Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may Marc's soul rest in peace.

    We buried him last year. I know from personal testimony that he inspired at least ONE vocation to the priesthood (the priest is in the Rockford Diocese.)

    Marc was also a very good singer and faithful to ALL his commitments.

    He also absolutely despised "Symbolic Logic."

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!