Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Chestertonian Moment at the Movies

We recently watched Confessions of a Shopaholic (I have teen girls at home, and we like chic flicks), and there was this little almost-Chestertonian moment.

The main character, in a somewhat inebriated state, writes letters to two different magazines: one letter is an article written specifically for that magazine, the other letter is a condemnation for not hiring her. The Chestertonian moment is--you guessed it--she puts the letters in the wrong envelopes....and I can't tell you more or it would give plot away. So, watch it for yourself if you've got any teen girls around.

Oh, and there is a funny running joke about Finland, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,

    Just wanted to give a little feedback... I personally don't like the "read more" feature recently added. For most posts, I'd rather be able to see the whole post than have to reload the entire page. And it seems that most of the time, I have to click "read more" to see only one or two words or sentences, or even none. For very long posts, it's a useful feature, but for daily blogging it seems unnecessary and confusing. Just trying to give some helpful comments... :)

    On the other hand, I really like the new way the commenting is set up; it's more convenient! And the "reactions" boxes are neat too!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, anon. I agree, and must confess, I don't know exactly how to control the "read more" feature. It doesn't function the same way with this new blog template as it did with the old one. I'm trying to figure it out, and your note is my momentum to get going to fix it. Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Nancy! I'll have to check it out. I have teens and we like chick flicks too! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!