Saturday, March 14, 2009

Milwaukee, WI Area Chestertonians

Greetings, Chestertonians. The revival of the Milwaukee Chesterton Society had its first meeting last Saturday afternoon. It went well, and we're looking forward to the next meeting, which will be on Saturday, April 4 from 2:00 to 4:00.

The next meeting will be at the St. Joseph Center at 1501 S. Layton Blvd. Society members can go the front desk and will be directed to the meeting room.

We hope you can join us this coming month. We will be discussing the first three chapters of Dale Alquist's book on Chesterton, Comon Sense 101. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh.... I have a bad memory of that place. As a teen I took music lessons every Saturday, and I took the bus. While waiting for it, I encountered, loitering and wandering, an elderly,very good-natured man, inappropriately dressed for the weather and obviously oblivious to where he was and perhaps who he was. Somehow I convinced him to come on the bus with me. I planned to take him to the police station. But he up and decided to get off the bus on 27th Street, aka Layton Boulevard, so I got off with him and succeeded in getting him to come with me to the nearest building where someone might help,namely this St. Joseph Center. I steered him in and explained the situation to the gentleman at the desk. His response: "What do you want me to do about it?"
    Um, call the police and tell them there's a man with no idea who he is wandering around, and asking them to come take him to a place where he might be safe?
    He acted very put upon but he did this.
    Time went on, and I really had to get home -- I did not have a cell phone and did have parents waiting for me -- so I asked a nun who had come into the room if she could watch the man until the police got there, since I had to leave. She said, "Well, that's a nice way of getting out of it."
    There are no words.

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!