Saturday, December 20, 2008

WSJ Opinion: There Is a God

Thanks, Dave, for sending this article.
"He isn't real, is he?"

Perhaps a more responsible parent would confess, but I hesitate. For this I blame G.K. Chesterton, whose treatise "Orthodoxy" had its 100th anniversary this year. One of its themes is the violence that rationalistic modernism has worked on the valuable idea of a "mystical condition," which is to say the mystery inherent in a supernaturally created world. Writing of his path to faith in God, Chesterton says: "I had always believed that the world involved magic: now I thought that perhaps it involved a magician.

1 comment:

  1. I'm constantly impressed with how many good articles the WSJ has about the Christian faith.

    ReplyDelete

Join our FaceBook fan page today!